- Joe rejoins Whitecap as a Partner and brings over 27 years of venture capital investing and a wealth of experience in the mobile, enterprise software and digital media verticals. Joe currently sits on the board of directors at Affinio and Class Craft (in addition to his Summerhill Venture Partners board seats listed below).
- His diverse and extensive experience allows him to play an integral role in the formation, strategic direction, overall growth and business development of emerging companies.
- Joe is also a co-founder and co-managing partner of Summerhill Venture Partners and represents them on the board of Vantrix. Previously he represented Summerhill on the boards of Radian6, C2FO, Trust Digital, Third Brigade and BLiNQ.
- For the 14 years prior to joining Summerhill Venture Partners in May 2004, Joe served as EVP, CFO and Director of Whitecastle Investments and Managing Director of Whitecap Venture Partners. As one of the venture practice founders, he was instrumental in shaping the vision and investment strategy of Whitecap I. He was also a core element of the team that brought a number of high-grossing investments to fruition in Whitecap I.
- Joe’s past successes include investments in Radian6 (Acquired by Salesforce, NASDAQ: CRM), C2FO (acquired by a financing consortium), Third Brigade (acquired by Trend Micro, NASDAQ: TMIS), Trust Digital (acquired by McAfee Inc, NYSE: MFE), Broadband Networks Inc. (acquired by Nortel, NYSE: NT), Positron Fiber Systems (NASDAQ IPO and acquired by RELTEC, NYSE: RLT), Loran International Technologies (acquired by Peregrine Systems, NASDAQ: PRGN), Electrophotonics (acquired by ETEC, NASDAQ: ETEC), PC Docs Group International (NASDAQ IPO, and acquired by Hummingbird, TSE: HUM & NASDAQ: HUMC) and ImagicTV (NASDAQ IPO, and acquired by ALCATEL, NYSE: ALA).
- Joe began his professional career with KPMG, where he held various senior positions in both Canada and the U.K. He is a Gold Medal graduate from the University of Waterloo’s Master of Accounting program (1986). He also served on the board of the Canadian Venture Capital Association and holds Chartered Professional Accountant and Certified Management Accountant designations in Canada.